After removing the engine yesterday, i started to remove all the parts from the engine bay. My brother in law started to work on de back of the car he spend almost the whole day on removing the wings and the rear shroud. ( i thank him for that)
Yes! we managed to get the engine and gearbox out. When the car arrived the engine could not be turned over. I was affraid that it has seized, but when I removed de generator the belt lost tention and i was able to turn the crankshaft. The only thing seized is the waterpump.
I started to work on the wooden dash. The varnish is in a bad shape and needs to be removed. The sun exposed pleaces can be chipped away easily. The edges which where not exposed to direct sunlight are more difficult to remove.
Today we started to work on the Healey. No big surprises so far. The only part missing is the right door catch. When we removed the windscreen we discovered that front shroud was originally blue. This means that it has been replaced before. Al wooden parts of the rear seats are gone beyond repair.